- As various raw materials are fine-crushed and wet-blended, SYNTHETIC MULLITE has uniform structure.
- As the raw materials containing only a few impurities are sintered at high temperature near its melting point (1850°C) in a rotary kiln, SYNTHETIC MULLITE has a dense, needle-like structure.
- This product has the following advantageous chemical and physical properties:
- High melting point
- High weighted softening point
- Low coefficient of thermal expansion
- High rigidity
- High resistance to corrosion against gas and slug
We manufacture 3 types of SYNTHETIC MULLITE, NN, MMS and SM, to allow distinct usage according to the use.
This type is the base of SYNTHETIC MULLITE. It is made of almost 100% mullite crystals with a minimal addition of corundum crystals and hyalin. This makes its structure dense.
In terms of chemical property, this type is higher in purity and denser in structure compared with the MM type.
In order to improve the resistance to corrosion, it is made composed of 5-10% corundum crystals and the balance percentage of mullite crystals with a minimal quantity of hyalin.
|Chemical composition (%)||Al2O3||70.80||71.26||75.52|
|Physical property||Apparent specific gravity||2.81||2.87||2.92|
|Bulk specific gravity||2.74||2.82||2.82|
|Water absorption (%)||1.0||0.7||1.2|
|Apparent porosity (%)||2.7||1.8||3.5|
|True specific gravity||3.11||3.12||3.15|
|True porosity (%)||11.9||9.3||10.2|
|Ore composition (%)||Mullite||98.73||99.68||90.05|
|Coefficient of thermal expansion|
|Chemical composition (%)||Al2O3||Min. 70.0||Min. 70.0||Min. 75.0|
|Fe2O3||Max. 1.0||Max. 0.6||Max. 0.8|
|CaO + MgO||-||Max. 0.4||-|
|K2O + Na2O||Max. 0.6||Max. 0.4||Max. 0.6|
(6-10 mesh crushed product)
|Apparent specific gravity||Min. 2.70||Min. 2.70||Min. 2.80|
|Apparent porosity (%)||Max. 5.0||Max. 5.0||Max. 5.0|
|Refractoriness||Min. SK38||Min. SK38||Min. SK38|
Download of Standard Sheet
If you have any inquiry, please contact the following:
[Ceramics Sales Dept.]
12-8, Shiokusa-cho, Seto-shi, Aichi 489-0895, Japan
Tel: +81-561-21-5670 Fax: +81-561-21-4124